A farmhouse is currently the new trend in luxury. Over the past few years, urban investors have been developing an interest in buying rural acreage and transforming them into lavish resorts or holiday homes. With a beautiful scenic view and plenty of greenery, farmhouses are a popular weekend getaway location for most people.
This article will focus on what defines a farmhouse in the true sense and how to choose one. So, keep reading till the end.
What Do You Mean by A Farmhouse?
The literal meaning of a farmhouse states that it’s a type of residential area situated amidst an agricultural land or environment. Usually, it comes with a garden or a farm, and such properties are used as rural homestays too. Simply put, farmhouses are sprawling large structures with beautiful and spacious front porches. Based on land availability, a farmhouse in Gurgaon could be single or two-storied in height.
What Makes a Property A Farmhouse?
Farmhouses are frequently simple buildings built in agricultural settings to provide housing and security for individuals who owned or cultivated the land. The term “farmhouse” describes a place for a way of living rather than necessarily a particular architectural style. A predetermined set of features identifies it. This may be the reason why it continues to captivate people. A farmhouse is simple but beautiful.
It represents a peaceful rural lifestyle and serves as the centre of activities, which connects it to production. One may view a farmhouse as a haven with a foundation built on values, honesty and simplicity. Depending on the type of farm, it also gives the inhabitants a way to be mostly self-sufficient.
These types of properties are available in various forms. Their simple infrastructure makes farmhouses easy to expand by including porches, barns, and wings. When looking for a farmhouse near me, you can also renovate these residences based on your needs. Every house has the imprint of the individuals who lived there, resulting in a truly vernacular style that suits local needs and preferences.
What Are the Uses of a Farmhouse?
An investment in a farmhouse has a very high potential for appreciation. Furthermore, as land is a valuable asset, the owner has the choice to sell a portion of it when they need cash. Owners of such investments also have the freedom to manage their investment and sell it when a greater return is possible.
Additionally, several owners of a farmhouse in Gurgaon now use their properties for corporate events, weddings, etc., in addition to serving as second residences.
Smart Ways to Invest in A Farmhouse
Living close to nature in the modern day is a blessing. Who wouldn’t want the freedom to breathe clean air every day, given how chaotic the majority of big cities are? You can get just that by owning a farmhouse but think about these things first.
- Title Deed – To enjoy legal and undisputed ownership of a farmhouse for sale in Gurgaon, ensure that it has a clear title deed.
- Release Certificate – Having a release certificate from the banks ensures that no outstanding debts or loans are present while acquiring the property.
- Renovation – Most farms require renovations to make them suitable for habitation or resale.
- Distance from the City – Although farmhouses offer a getaway from the city, living too far from necessary amenities and services can add up over time.
- Forest/Encroached Land – If the property is next to the border of a forested area or contains a portion of a forested area, no construction may be done there.
- Land Use Permission – You must acquire the permission of a responsible authority for rearing livestock, constructing a structure or using it for commercial purposes.
- Applicable Taxes – Farmhouse property tax can differ based on type and size.
- Agriculture Land Approvals – If you don’t have any agricultural background, check with the land purchase guidelines of the state to get permission to purchase the land. Another option is to request the seller to transform the land type into non-agricultural land.
- Future Developments – You must always consider any private project or upcoming government as it impacts the value of the land.
The most recent addition to the luxury real estate market is a farmhouse. People are currently looking for jobs that can meet their desire for a healthy lifestyle due to a number of variables. Families don’t simply utilize farmhouses to escape crowded cities or neighbourhoods.
They’re also used as second homes and getaway properties. Owners are also thinking about purchasing an outdated farm house for sale in Gurgaon and restoring it in order to sell it for more money.