South Gurgaon, previously known as Sohna, is a tiny town in the south of Gurgaon district, Haryana. This place is getting popularity because of the Aravalli Hills, beautiful greenery, but now it’s turning into a real estate boom. Many NRIs and Indian investors are planning to invest in residential and commercial property in South Gurgaon.
The construction of IMT (Industrial Model Township), particularly for the automotive industry, will increase the demand for homes across the area. This area is well-known for its real estate bang as well as its hot springs, historical Hindu temples, and adventure-seeking attractions.
You can reach the place in 10 to 15 minutes from Gurgaon and 20 minutes from Rajiv Chowk. Sohna Road is a well-maintained 6-lane roadway that connects to Gurgaon via Golf Course Extension Road and NH8 are some of the lifelines. In terms of the future, the proposed metro corridor and KMP Expressway better connect to the Delhi NCR.
The 1423 km-long DMIC is already in its 6th stage. This area gets outstanding connectivity and future opportunities. It has become one of the most popular sites for those who are looking for a property because it is close to and accessible from both the main city and the neighbourhood of Aravalli Hills.
The top educational establishments like GD Goenka, Ryan International, Amity, Delhi Public School, and many others of India’s top schools draw attention to this area. People looking for a booming business site or long-term investment opportunities may invest in South Gurgaon real estate.
The name “Sohna” for the city was derived from the golden hued particles of the sand. After significant rainfall in the surrounding areas and in the Aravalli, the city’s name, Sohna, was given to the golden-colored sand particles.
Why Consider South Gurgaon? The 4 Major Reasons
South Gurgaon, formerly known as Sohna, is located to the south of Gurugram. The demand for residential and commercial real estate in this area has increased over the last few years. Growing demand has caused investment prices in this area to increase significantly. Real estate purchases made here actually benefit both investors and end users.
Nearly every area of Gurgaon and the rest of the Delhi NCR is very well connected to Sohna. The final operational Metro Station on the Yellow Line is close by at Huda City Center, and the projected Metro Corridor would improve connectivity. Well-known roads like the KMP (Kundli-Manesar-Palwal) Expressway, Sohna Road, and Golf Course Extension Road pass through and cross at this location.
- On the other hand, the elevated Rajiv Chowk to Sohna road is almost ready to open, which would improve major connections.
- The DMIC (Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor), a 1423 km national highway, is already in its 6th stage, starting from Sohna and reaching Mumbai via 6 states.
- India’s biggest airport, Jewar Airport, would get direct connectivity from Sohna.
- The proposed Haryana orbital rail corridor connects Palwal to Sonipat via Sohna, Manesar, and Khanchouda.
- Social Infrastructure
Schools, commercial malls, and the fundamental infrastructure are already existing in South Gurgaon, which makes it socially rich. There are numerous reputable educational and medical institutes in the area of Sohna.
World class schools like GD Goenka School, Heritage School, DPS, and Ryan International School are a few examples. For those who enjoy having fun, Raheja Mall, Omaxe Wedding Mall, and many others are accessible on Sohna Road. Along with an adventurous club, there are nearby spas, restaurants, hotels, motels, banks, and ATMs.
Since the price of real estate in this area is still in the affordable range and middle class and upper middle class buyers may easily purchase their dream home with exceptional features and facilities, it is no secret that real estate in this area is in the process of developing.
The IMT (industrial model township) project started on 1700 acres of land and EMC (electric manufacturing centre) on 500 acres under the PPP scheme. The IMT Sohna would be an upcoming automobile hub where well-known industries are ready to come.
Amazon, Flipkart, and Walmart also acquired land to establish warehouses in South Gurgaon.
The Location Benefits Of South Gurgaon
- The future section of Gurgaon’s major Sohna Road, south of Gurgaon, is as follows:
- All of Gurgaon’s golf course’s amenities are just 20 minutes away via Extension Road
- KMP (Western Peripheral Expressway) corridor and IMT Sohna are about to be nearby.
- An upcoming elevated road from Rajiv Chock to Sohna would reduce access time by 50%.
- At the base of the Aravalis, the living conditions are cleaner and fresher.
- Excellent road connectivity to Chandigarh, Jaipur, Faridabad, and Delhi
- A future 400-acre industrial complex in Sohna will house a cluster of electronics manufacturers
- The future Delhi-Mumbai Expressway is now being built in full force. People who live along the route, or in Sohna, will have the chance to take advantage of it.
- The KPM Bypass is nearby and in close proximity to the proposed metro route, which is in its final stages.
Major landmarks In South Gurgaon
- KR Mangalam University
- Amity University
- Ansal University
- DPS School, Maruti Kunj
- Pathways World School
- KIIT Engineering College, and many more
Medanta, Artemis, Fortis, Max, Paras, and many others.
Country Inn, Westin, Vivanta by Taj, Crown Plaza, and many others.
in close proximity to businesses like IMT Sohna Golf Course Road, Sohna Road, Golf Course Extension Road, Cyber City, and many others. Companies like Cognizant, Google, TNS Global, Software One, Huawei, Aricent, Pfizer, Atos, Genpact, Rockwell Automation, etc. are also nearby.
Retail and entertainment hubs
ILD, Raheja, Omaxe, and SRS Mall, Shopper Stop, Big Bazaar, Bharti Easy Day, Spencer, Aditya Birla’s More, and Food Courts, among others.